Information for hosting TUHH departments & supervisors

The internship students cannot be enrolled as exchange students. Departments, who accept foreign students for an internship have to register them as a guest researcher. The hosting department should support students in providing information and assisting students in application- and organisational issues. Further information on student internships at TUHH   as well as the registration at TUHH as a guest is online. The hosting departments can access the necessary information on required insurance coverage through TUHHs HR department.

Please, be aware that there is a binding minimum wage regulation for interns in Germany. Student interns on a voluntary internship that lasts longer than 3 months will have to be paid the national minimum wage of 9,19€/hour. If the internship is obligatory within your current course of studies at your home university, or if it is less than 3 month, the minimum wage does not apply. (German text of minimum wage regulation applicable to internships.)

Students from non-EU-countries will have to get special VISA permits for their internships. The prospective employer will have to apply on behalf of the prospective intern. The agency in charge is called ZAV (zentrale Auslands- und Fachvermittlung der Bundesagentur für Arbeit)

Further information and downloads:

- TUHH Guest Researcher Form

- Working & Living in Germany for EU/Non- EU citiziens EURES- The European Job Mobility Portal

- Working in Germany:

- Visa and residence permits (coming soon)