Internships at TUHH

If you are interested in doing an internship / project at TUHH (study project, bachelor thesis, or master thesis), your should contact the relevant supervising professor- in one of the TUHH Research Institutes directly. Please note that you will not be enrolled as an exchange student, but as a Guest Researcher. As a guest reseracher you are not allowed to attend courses and get the transfer credits.

For TUHH registration- as a Guest Researcher- (not as an exchange student), please contact the STUDIS department /Mrs Hennke/Room 0026/SBC 95E who  will help you to carry out your registration procedure.

TUHH Internship Programmes:

Erasmus Traineeship

Students coming to TUHH from ERASMUS partner universities, are regular interns at departments of TUHH – with the exception that they receive a grant from their home university through the ERASMUS student mobility for traineeship programme (SMP or SMT). No bilateral ERASMUS agreement is needed.
ERASMUS traineeship (SMP/SMT) is not to be confused with ERASMUS student mobility for studies (SMS), also called ERASMUS student exchange.
The Learning Agreement of ERASMUS Traineeship has to be signed by the direct supervisor  (member of the TUHh department) of the internship.
The Registration at TUHH- in order to get access to the Campus infrastructure- will be as Guest Researcher,  no matter what level of expertise you have (student, PhD candidate, Postdoc, Professor). Please contact: the STUDIS department /Mrs Hennke/Room 0026/SBC 95E who  will help you to carry out your registration procedure.

Please, be aware that the German minimum wage regulation applies to ERASMUS interns as well! The Internship is exempt from the minimum wage regulation if it is marked as being part of the curriulum at the home university, in the ERASMUS learning agreement for traineeships.

University of Waterloo internship programme

Students coming to TUHH from the partner University of Waterloo  are regular student research assistants at the TUHH Institute.
Adittional information coming soon!

Individual short- term stay for internship

Students coming to TUHH for an individual project (study project, Bachelor/Master thesis)  are working under the supervision of TUHH professor. Such projects are usually carried out at the TUHH or with co- (supervision) of an  external institution/company. The supervising TUHH professor defines the required documentation and presentation of the student´s project.

You would like to find an appropriate supervisor for your internship? Please contact one of the TUHH Research Institutes directly. The Research Institute will provide information and assist you with your application and registration procedure.