Supply Chain – Model-based Design of future Network structure & material flows
Description of the company
At Beiersdorf we have been caring about skin for more than 130 years - it all started in Hamburg where we have our global Headquarters now. Throughout our history we have built trust by staying close to our consumers and developing innovative skin care brands that are tailored to their needs with leading international skin care brands, including NIVEA, Eucerin, Labello, 8x4 and Hansaplast. We work as one global team with one focus: making people feel good in their skin. Everywhere. Every day. As we head into the future, we want to become the number one skin care company in the world.
The European production network consists of six factories and a variety of logistical nodes. Besides its local supply role it servers regional demands and is an integral part of the global supply chain.
Assortment complexity in combination with a high international and market driven throughput leads to complexity in the logistical operations.
Modelling the existing infrastructure enables a scenario based improvement process to streamline logistics operations. Especially opportunities arising from crossdocking goods from different supply units shall be investigated for the European production network. A conceptual framework for a suited crossdocking operation shall be explored based on the learning derived from the model.
Optimizing material flow in the European production network
1. Visualization of existing material flow and processes
2. Segmentation of flows by supply chain relevant parameters
3. Modelling of material flows in a static, flexible model (Excel, Access)
4. Optimization process by model application
5. Evaluation of results by benchmarking to supply chain performance indicators
Supply Chain, Logistics
Students of Supply Chain, Logistics, Engineering
- Passion for number based system modelling
Please keep the following dates in mind:
- 23. October: Info Event, 10:00 to 12:00 o'clock in the LuK-Mehrzweckraum
- 1. November: Kick-Off-Event, 14:00 to 17:30 o'clock
- 4. and 12. November: Projektmanagement-Workshop, ca. 09:00 to 17:00 o'clock
- 7. November: kickoff meeting with Beiersdorf, 13:00 to 15:00 o'clock, Unnastr. 48, 20145 Hamburg
- 24. November: Workshop "Führen ohne Vorgesetztenfunktion", ca. 09:00 bis 17:00 o'clock