IWWG proudly presents the second call for the IWWG-award ‘Waste Vision 2100’. Application deadline extended to 15th June 2021.
The president of the IWWG, Evangelos Gidarakos, participated at the 2021 P4G Seoul Summit on Green Growth and Global Targets 2030.
Waste Processing Technology and Waste Management at the Montanuniversitaet Leoben (Austria) offers a senior scientist position.
7th International Conference on Industrial and Hazardous Waste Management
July 27-30, 2021. Chania, Crete, Greece Website
18th International Waste Management and Landfill Symposium, 11 - 15 October 2021, Santa Margherita di Pula, Cagliari, Italy. Website
The IWWG Regional Branch for Russia and NIS is co-organizing the V International Scientific Conference "From Waste Management to Resource Recovery" to be held 2-3 Dec. 2021 in Perm, Russia.
11th Intercontinental Landfill Research Symposium
June 2022, Wilmington, NC, USA.Website
SARDINIA 2021 - 18th International Waste Management and Landfill Symposium
11 - 15 Oct 2021, Santa Margherita di Pula, Cagliari, Italy
After celebrating our 31-year anniversary in 2019, the next edition of the Sardinia Symposium, to be held from 11th to 15th October 2021 in Cagliari, is looking better than ever with a success that goes from strength to strength, making the Sardinia Symposia the most important solid waste management conference in the world. The secret of this success? Easily said:
An increasing number of young scientists is taking part in this event, acknowledging it as an important opportunity for scientific networking and debate / Attendance is largely international with more than 70 countries represented from all continents / Consistent participation of affirmed scientists / High-level scientific content supported by innovation and creativity / A venue, a setting, a natural environment, a hotel complex, a social programme that render the socialization and professional and scientific networking simply unique.
The conference will include oral sessions and specialised workshops, parallel events, practical design workshops, business to business meetings, discussion forums, a continuously accessible poster area and a wide exhibition space for companies working in the field of Waste Management. Prior to the start of the Symposium, training courses will be offered by IWWG.
Sardinia is unique in that almost all delegates stay within the premises of the Forte Village resort, where comfortable facilities and the frequency of meeting colleagues from all over the world, offer a great opportunity for networking. The Sardinia scientific programme will be enriched by an exciting evening events calendar, including music shows, guided tours, sport activities, gala dinner and more.
- Waste policy and legislation
- Waste management strategies
- Public concern and education
- WM assessment and decision tools
- Waste characterization
- Waste collection
- Waste minimization and recycling
- Biological treatment
- Thermal treatment
- Mechanical biological treatment prior to landfilling
- Sanitary landfilling
- Integrated wastewater and solid waste management
- Waste management and climate change
- WM in developing and low income countries
- Special sessions
- Environmental forensics
- Waste Architecture
- Waste and health
For further enquiries and information on registration, exhibition, accommodation, etc, please contact the Organising Secretariat:
Via Beato Pellegrino 23
35137 Padova, Italy
Tel. +39 049 8726986
Fax +39 049 8726987
Fifth IWWG - RUNISRB Symposium
V Symposium of the Regional Branch for Russia and NIS of International Waste Working Group
Perm, Russian Federation, 2 - 3 December 2021
The V International Scientific Conference "FROM WASTE MANAGEMENT TO RESOURCE RECOVERY" will be held in December 2 – 3, 2021 in Perm National Research Polytechnic University (PNRPU). The conference is being organized by Environmental Protection Department of PNRPU in cooperation with IWWG Regional Branch for Russia and New Independent States (IWWG-RUNISRB).
The conference is devoted to waste treatment technologies, green economy, application of remote sensing for environmental monitoring, and responsible research and innovation.
Within the framework of the conference a series of international experts’ workshops in the field of waste management will be held.
Perm National Research Polytechnic University
Komsomolsky ave. 29, 614013 Perm, Russia
Anna TSYBINA, Coordinator
VII International conference on Hazardous and Industrial Waste Management
Chania, Crete, Greece. 27 - 30 July, 2021
Organized by: IWWG, Technical University of Crete, University of Padua, Hamburg University of Technology, Tsinghua University
The 7th international conference on industrial and hazardous waste management CRETE 2021 will be held in Chania (Crete - Greece), July 27 - 30, 2021. CRETE 2021 will mark the 12th anniversary of this unique IWWG conference series, which is jointly organized by the Technical University of Crete, the University of Padua, the Hamburg University of Technology and Tsinghua University of Beijing.
Conference topics have been chosen in order to allow a holistic approach of industrial and hazardous waste management and create an even more appealing, interesting and riveting Conference program.
- Industrial and Hazardous Waste (IHW): Regulations, Legislation & Characterization
- Producer Responsibility and Hazardous Compounds in Products
- IHW Management: Emission Control, Concepts & Practices
- IHW Minimization & Recycling: Optimized Production Processes, Re-utilization, Waste Stock Market, etc.
- Toxicological & Safety Aspects of IHW / Contaminated Sites Management
- Design & Operation of IHW Treatment Plants & Disposal Sites: Recycling Plants, Incinerators, Chemical/ Physical Treatment Plants, Landfills, Intermediate Storage Facilities, etc.
- Contaminant Release & Transport: Processes, LCA, Risk Assessment
- Environmental Toxicology of Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs), persistent Biocides and Pesticides
- Formation and Destruction of Halogenated Dioxins, PAHs, Biphenyls and Similar Compounds
- Remediation of Contaminated Sites & Groundwater
- Remediation of Mines and Treatment of Mine Residues
- Special Waste Management: Medical, Radioactive, Agro-Industrial and Pharmaceutical Waste, Production Residues, Asbestos, WEEE, etc.
- Catastrophes and War: Effects on the Environment, Impact, Remediation
- Pollution of Marine Environment by Plastic Debris & other Waste
- IHW Energy Management Concepts: Energy Reduction and Recovery
- Social Aspects of IHW Management: Public Acceptance, Public Involvement, Information Policy, Safety Aspects
- Aspects of Global Pollution: Reduction of diffuse Emissions, Targets for acceptable Water, Air & Soil Contamination (Planetary Boundaries), etc.
- Reduction of Air Pollution by advanced Industrial Emission Control
- New Ways of Education in the Field of IHW in Schools, Universities & the Public: Virtual Reality, Advanced Internet Utilization (Presentations, Communication, Courses, etc.), Waste and Art, etc.
- Case Studies
- Industrial Company Presentations and Forum
The Call for Abstracts is open until May 15th, 2021. More details are available on the conference website.
We will be honored to welcome you all to Chania, once again and receive your contribution to the conduction of a really interesting and successful Conference.
CRETE 2021 Conference Seretariat
Tel. +30 28210 37790
Fax. + 30 28210 37850